Chemicals & Yeast
We have a large range of chemicals and yeast for the home winemaker.
PMS (potassium metabisulphite)
- Antimicrobial preservative, protects wine from spoilage yeast and bacteria
- Available in powder form 250g or effervescent tablet – each tablet releases 2g of SO2
Tartaric Acid 100g, 500g and 1kg
- Balances the palate in reds and aids a crisp finish in whites
- Lowers pH to aid SO2 in preserving wine from spoilage yeast and bacteria
DAP (diammonium phosphate) 100g
- Nitrogen source for yeast, promotes clean, complete fermentation without off flavours
Bentonite 200g, 500g, 1kg
- Fining agent. Speeds up clarification in both red and white wines. Removes unstable proteins that may cause haze in wines
Egg White Powder 40g
- Egg white is a very effective fining agent, long used for clarifying red wines and still widely used in modern winemaking. The rich albumen content in egg white makes it ideal for softening a wine’s astringency by binding and reducing the tannin content.
Premium Barrique Tannin 10g
- Contributes effectively to the stabilization of the colouring fraction of red wines, simultaneously giving a wine better longevity and resistance to oxidation.
- Breaks down the pectin in fruit, releasing juice and flavour and enhancing yield
Campden Tablets (potassium sorbate) 50 tablets
- Used for sterilising and stabilising wine
Wine Stabiliser 50g
- Used to stop secondary fermentation in wine
Malic Acid 100g
- Used to increase acid in wine
Ascorbic Acid 25g
- Is a strong anti-oxidant and can be used at racking stage to prevent oxidation and discolouration in wines. Best results occur when used with Campden tablets.
- It Adds flavour, character and astringency to wine
Citric Acid 100g
- Used as a final rinse after sterilising equipment to adjust the pH of water used
SMS (sodium metabisulphite) 500g and 1kg
- Used as a sterilising agent for all wine equipment.
Sulphur rings 5g
- For sulphiting of wooden barrels and vats by burning
- Sodium carbonate-hydrogen peroxide based cleaner
- Used to clean, sterilise and deodorise oak casks together with wine presses vats and tanks. A safe alternative to the use of caustic soda which can damage oak products
- Oxyper dissolves rapidly, is odour free and will not taint
Pink Stain Remover 500g
- Chlorinated cleaner
- Used for cleaning and sterilising all equipment. Ideal for removing stains from glass and plastic
- Red & White Wine Yeast – for up to 200L
- Yeast nutrient for Lalvin VP41 Malolactic
Always check for availability of yeasts below (Click to view relevant data sheet):